Why the outdoors?
Explore Scotland's outdoors for yourself. It's free and incredibly beautiful.
- Discover your local park, paths or greenspace.
- Enjoy beaches, hills and forests.
- Adventure on longer paths and tracks
- Experience the beauty and grandeur of our landscapes.
- See wildlife near to home or in our more remote regions.
- Visit places important for wildlife and recreation
The outdoors is a great place to have fun, take time out with family and friends and look after your health.
Enjoying the outdoors is a good way to keep physically active. Walking in the outdoors contributes to meeting the recommended levels of physical activity - at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week for adults.
Challenge yourself to get fit. Take part in an exciting range of outdoor activities on land, water on in the sky.
Get involved. Volunteer and feel the benefits from doing some positive for people and nature
Or just relax. Just being outdoors in the fresh air is a great way to unwind and recharge the batteries.
Whatever you decide, take time to plan your trip and make the most of Scotland's outstanding nature and landscapes.