Licence application forms
If you already know you need a licence from Scottish Natural Heritage and are familiar with our licensing requirements, you can download an application form from the list of links below. Application forms and supporting information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is no application form for what you want to do, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- your name, address, telephone number;
- full details of your project/proposal including what you want to do, who will be doing it, where you want to do it and when you want to do it;
- completed reference forms (if this is the first time you have applied for a licence for this activity we will require two references from people who are familiar with your work in this area and who can vouch for your competence in carrying out this type of work).
If you currently hold an equivalent survey licence ie bat survey licence, with Natural England or Natural Resources Wales and wish to apply for a licence from Scottish Natural Heritage, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact the relevant agency for a reference:
- type of licence you are applying for;
- name of agency who issued your licence;
- licence number;
- your name, address, telephone number.
Renewals and amendments
Attention all current licence holders!
It is your responsibility to remember to renew your licence. It will not automatically be renewed each year. Therefore, if you currently hold a licence which you wish to renew and have submitted a return for this licence, or you wish to amend your licence you can:
- telephone 01463 725364 (please make sure you have your licence number to hand); or
- email email@example.com putting your licence number in the subject.
Mammals (non deer)
- Application form for bat survey licence
- Application form for bats in houses licence
- Application form for works affecting bats
- Standard forestry operations licence 2015
- Application form for non-standard forestry operations licence
- Application form for badgers and development licence
Amphibians and invertebrates
- Application form for great crested newt survey licence
- Application form for natterjack toad survey licence
- Application form for works affecting great crested newt licence
- Application form for works affecting natterjack toad licence
Fresh Water Pearl Mussels
Birds - Survey and Photography
Birds - public health and safety issues and preventing serious damage.
- Application form for a licence to take or kill wild birds, their nest or eggs including the use of prohibited methods of taking or killing.
- Application form for a licence to take or kill birds to preserve air safety
- Application form for a licence to shoot birds to prevent serious damage to fisheries in Scotland
- Application form for a licence to kill geese to prevent serious damage to crops
- Application form for a licence to kill ravens