We hope this 'one stop shop' for deer and deer management content will help you find the information you need. If for any reason you can't see what you are looking for here, try using the search facility or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
Code of Practice on Deer Management
Code of Practice on Deer Management - Scottish Natural Heritage, with input from stakeholders, has produced a Code of Practice on Deer Management. The Code is a key part of the deer provisions in the Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Act 2011 and came into effect on the 1st of January 2012.
Our role in managing Scotland's deer
- Our role in managing Scotland's deer - sets out the actions we propose to take, in exercising our deer remit and continuing the work of the Deer Commission for Scotland, and how these fit with our strategic priorities.
- Authorisations (to cull deer out of season or at night)
- Fit and Competent Register
- Venison dealer returns
- Statutory returns
- Understanding deer management - including: who manages them; methods; species; deer related damage to forestry and agriculture and managing urban deer.
- Wild deer welfare - including: what wild deer welfare is; welfare perceptions & research; and deer vehicle collisions (DVCs).
- Managing designated sites - including: grazing management, joint working programme, favourable condition targets, selecting sites, audit list, financial support, grazing options and deer fencing guidance.
- Scotland's Wild Deer A National Approach - including: why a collaborative approach is being developed; its objectives; and latest updates.
- Sustainable Deer Management Sustainable management of wild deer is at the heart of all good deer management planning, decisions and practices.
- Enjoying deer - including: venison as a healthy and nutritious food; deer watching; and education.
- Best practice - best practice guidance for managing deer.
- Contact our Deer Management Officers
Last updated on Friday 11th October 2013 at 10:17 AM. Click here to comment on this page